On December 5th, 2019, the Nova Scotia Nominee Program issued Letters of Interest to applicants in the Express Entry system whose main occupation was listed as NOC 4212 – Social and Community Service Workers.
These Letters of Interest were issued under the Nova Scotia Nominee Program’s Labour Market Priorities Stream. Those who have received a Letter of Interest have 30 calendar days to submit their application for a provincial nomination.
Those who were issued with Letters of Interest had to meet the following requirements:
- Have a valid Express Entry profile;
- Have the minimum amount of work experience for the federal immigration program which you qualified for in order to enter the Express Entry Stream;
- Meet the minimum amount of settlement funds for your family size;
- Have two or more years of full-time or equivalent part-time experience as a social worker or community service worker within the five years preceding the date of the application;
- Have proof that they achieved a CLB 7 or higher in all sections of an approved English or French test;
- Have a bachelor’s degree OR have completed a program of three or more years at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute and have a valid educational credential assessment.