On May 15th, 2019 Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada did an Express Entry draw only for those who had qualified as a Federal Skilled Trades person.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada issued 500 Invitation to Apply to those Federal Skilled Trades People with a score of 332 or higher. This draw did not include Federal Skilled Workers, the Canadian Experience Class or Provincial Nominees.
In order to qualify to apply as a Federal Skilled Trades person you need to meet all of the following criteria:
- Have at least two years of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work experience) in a skilled trade within the five years before you make an application
- Meet the job requirements for the skilled trade you are applying under
- Obtain the required CLB levels in all sections of an approved language test
- Have the required settlement funds for your family size
- Have an offer of full-time employment for a total period of at least one year from a Canadian Employer OR a certificate of qualification in that skilled trade issued by a Canadian provincial or territorial authority (foreign trade qualifications do not count).If you do not meet either of these criteria you will not be eligible to apply under the Federal Skilled Trades Program.